Sunday, September 19, 2010

Change

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. ~Mary Engelbreit

I'm not really sure what it is about fall that prompts me to make changes in my life, but something about it certainly does! Last fall I made several changes, some planned and some unplanned. I lost my job last fall, which was an unplanned change. And though when you are in the midst of such an event, you can never see the light at the end of the tunnel, or the silver lining, I certainly can see it now.

I have a wonderful new job. I have met so many new people through all of the networking that I was forced to do. And I have a much greater appreciation for all that it takes to run a small business after watching all that my previous boss went through. And yes, she and I are still good friends!

The other change I made last year was to my hair. I got some burning desire to change my hair color, so I just walked into the hair salon and told her to make a drastic change. I went from blonde to RED. Red really wasn't the color I had in mind. Brunette was really more what I had in mind, but my hair had a mind of it's own and the brown ended up being this beautiful, auburn red .... which I loved, but apparently no one else in my family loved, so it was only a 6 week change ... but a change never-the-less.

So here we are, back to fall, and I did it again yesterday! I walked into the hair salon, told the girl that I can't do a dang thing with my hair, and to please FIX IT! So she chopped a HUGE amount off my hair and styled my hair into this cute new "do!" I love it, but I must say it is quite a shock. I have never EVER had my hair this short in all of my life. And of course the love of my life is none to happy about the short hair either, but like I told him, it will grow back!
Is there a certain time of the year that inspires change in you? If so ... embrace it!

When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves. ~Victor Frankl

Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment