Friday, December 2, 2011

In the Arms of the Angels

Today's edition of Retro Friday is being sidetracked with some sad news of mine. As I sit here brewing a pot of coffee, I still can't seem to wrap my brain around this.

The brother and wife of a dear friend of mine have been through so much this year in their journey to have a child. After many trials and tribulations, they were finally able to conceive a child, and with much joy they began their journey towards parenthood. The year has been spent wishing and dreaming, and hoping and planning of all this bundle of joy would bring into their lives. And then I get the phone call last night. Apparently she had sudden complications yesterday, and was taken to the hospital and rushed into surgery, and to our shock they were unable to save Mother or baby.

I just can't wrap my head around this at all. Not one bit. Do these things truly happen in 2011? We seem to take motherhood and pregnancy so much for granted. That women get pregnant, and carry to full term, and deliver healthy bouncing babies ... but all too often this is not the case. I guess it seems in my mind that dying in childbirth is such an 1800's thing, and that this should not happen in 2011, but this is a reminder to us all that life is very much a fragile thing.

And so I have two songs for you today, as my heart breaks. First, Angels, by Sarah McLachlin, as these two angels leave this world and join our Father in heaven.



The second song I have is, And So It Goes, by Billy Joel ... as my heart breaks for the husband and father who just lost his best friend, and his glimmer of hope for the future.



Crying is how your body speaks when your mouth can't explain the pain you feel.

Gods speed to Mother and baby as they are welcomed into their Father's loving arms. May they look down on all of us from heaven above.

Blessings to you all.

Cheers,

6 comments:

  1. Sad news. Be assured of prayers. If you send me their names, I will remember them at mass this evening (7 p.m. in Santiago, Chile, 5 p.m. Eastern).

    Fr. Chris Cox, C.S.C.
    ccox_csc@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such heartbreaking news. I have no words,but we will pray. ~Didi

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are with you and that poor family. Truely sad and heartbrreaking just reading about it. I am so so sorry for all who are involved :( Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear such sad news :( You can take some comfort in knowing your friend and her baby will always be together in heaven. God must have needed them more than his children here on earth.

    I'll be praying for you and your friend's family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all, for your all of your thoughts and prayers. I feel very blessed at the outpouring of kindness that I have received. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, you are right, the little important things are many times forgotten and taken for granted. #INowUnderstandWhyYouHaveBeenQuiet

    ReplyDelete