Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's All About The Little Things

I spent the last four days in Ohio visiting my 85 year old Grandmother and I simply cannot imagine a better way to spend a weekend! I know, that may sound weird for someone my age, but it is true!

We had four solid days of eating, drinking, and lots and LOTS of talking! We enjoyed many great meals together (there is nothing better than a home cooked meal from Grandma!), enhanced by a refreshing cold beverage, and some wonderful conversations.

We looked through old photos, and new, and told the stories that accompanied them. I heard some new stories that I had never heard my Grandma tell in all of my 30 plus years ... and some that I had heard many times over, but that I still enjoy as much now as I did the first time.

As I now fly back home, I miss her dearly already, but look forward to the next time that we shall meet again. I did not take one photo this weekend (which is unusual for me, the self-proclaimed "picture lady"), but I already have a favorite photo of she and I, and I simply do not think that I could take a better one. Besides, we were having such a good time talking, that there were just not any good photo taking opportunities.

I have a very peaceful feeling after this weekend, and I cannot WAIT until I have another chance to spend the weekend with Grandma.

Cheers!








No comments:

Post a Comment