Monday, June 18, 2012

Where Are They Now? Adrian Jarrell


Adrian Jarrell was born in Athens, Ga., and grew up in the shadows of the University of Georgia. Instead of following many of his classmates there, he instead chose Notre Dame and played there as a wide receiver from 1989 to 1994, receiving a fifth year of eligibility after breaking his arm during his Junior season. Here is my interview with Jarrell, walking down the memory lane of time spent at Notre Dame and a discussion of where life took him after football.

Q: What made you want to go to Notre Dame instead of Georgia, which was so close to home?

A: “When I was being recruited in high school to play football at the collegiate level, I was one of the top rated quarterbacks in the country. I grew up in the shadows of the University of Georgia, but UGA really wasn’t where I wanted to be. I was very familiar with many of the guys at UGA. I also saw what happened to many of these guys when their football careers ended, and they did not put education first. They did not have any skills to fall back onto and many of them were lost.”

“Notre Dame was another story.... read more at NoCoastBias!

Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment