Friday, August 17, 2012

Still Haven't Found

This week's edition of Retro Friday features the band U2, and the song "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For."

I have already done a Retro Friday on U2, so I am going to spare you with the "band details."

I had an "a-ha" moment of sorts this week. This year has been a crazy one for me. One full of ups (winning the Biggest Fan of the Big East was a BIG up) and downs. But there has been something that's been bothering me, that I just could not put my finger on, and it came to me last night.

In the 10th month of my father's 40th year, he suffered a massive cardiac arrest, and we very nearly lost him. I was in the 7th grade at the time.

On my training run last night, it came to me, I am in the 10th month of my 40th year. And my daughter is in the 7th grade. Maybe reaching that age in my own life has had more of an impact on me than I realized.

I know this for sure, my life would have been totally different had we lost my father that night. And at this point in my life, I still may feel that I have not found my niche yet. Have not "found what I am looking for." But I am doing my very best to enjoy the ride on my way there, and I think that is all that matters!

And really, how many people actually do find what they are looking for? Just a thought ...

Okay, here it is for your listening pleasure, "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For."


Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes....you do find what you are looking for and it is not something you can obtain.

    Life is funny that way, and not in a haha way.

    ReplyDelete