Thursday, April 1, 2010

Are you the Jester or the Court?

So, I'm a pretty smart girl. I had straight A's all four years in High School. I graduated from the University of Notre Dame with better than a B average. I have changed career paths twice, learned two new professions, and have seemingly pulled it off with only a few bumps and bruises. So how come I always get "taken" on April Fools' Day?

I get up this morning, fully aware that today is April Fools' Day, and promise myself that I am not going to get "taken" again this year. The morning started out pretty well, until the dog pooped on the floor that is (TWICE I might add) and suddenly I am NOT a happy camper. And not on my game either.

So my son comes downstairs, as I am headed off to take care of poop duty, and he says to me, "Mom, I didn't finish my homework last night." And I whirl around, look straight at him and say, "WHAT??" (Remember, the dog has already made me NOT a happy camper.) To which he replies, with this coy little grin on his face, "April Fools'."

Aghh. Foiled again!

On a side note ... I am already kind of traumatized by April Fools' Day as my acceptance letter to Notre Dame arrived ON April Fools' Day. I was so sure that my Mom was pranking me, and that it was not my REAL acceptance letter, that she had to physically open it in front of me to show me that it was real! haha

Hope your April Fools' Day was prank-free! :)

Cheers!






No comments:

Post a Comment