Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Road Trip Music

This week's edition of Retro Friday (I mean, Music Monday) features the band Squeeze, and the song Pulling Mussels From the Shell.

Squeeze is a New Wave band out of Britain that emerged during the 1970's, and continued recording successfully into the 1980's and 1990's. I don't know what it is about Squeeze music that makes me feel so happy-go-lucky, but ever since I can remember, when ever I hear a Squeeze song on the radio, it just brings a ray of sunshine into my day.

My two favorite Squeeze songs are as follows ...

Pulling Mussels From the Shell


Something about this song just makes me want to burst out in song and dance around the room. Weird, I know, but it is what it is!

And my second favorite Squeeze song is ...

Tempted

Such a great little song. Probably Squeeze's best known song. It was originally recorded in 1981, but then was re-recorded in 1993 for the "Reality Bites" soundtrack (great film, too!) ... Tempted '94.

So as I head off on yet another road trip ... here is some Squeeze for your listening pleasure!

Pulling Mussels From the Shell



Tempted


Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment