Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Curbing a Dangerous Habit: Texting and Driving

Dangerous habits ... texting and driving.
Most of us have a fair amount of driving experience under our belts and have a certain confidence level as to our ability to drive and text at the same time. You may think that you are still paying attention to the road and your driving when you are multi tasking in your car, but trust me, you are not. You are giving yourself a false sense of security if you think you can safely drive and text at the same time. No one can.

Let me show you a few statistics:
  • The texting-while-driving statistics in 2010 compiled by Pew Research Center revealed that 47 percent of adults resort to texting as compared to 34 percent of teenagers. The same stats revealed that 75 percent of adults resort to phone conversation while driving as compared to 52 percent of teenagers.
  • In 2011, at least 23% of auto collisions involved cell phones … that’s 1.3 million crashes
  • 5 seconds: The minimum amount of time your attention is taken away from the road when you’re texting and driving … if you’re traveling at 55 mph this equals driving the length of a football field without looking at the road (wow.)
Let me offer you a convenient solution to safely and securely put your smartphone away while you are driving. The MobiValet smart phone car mount.

 I recently found this smartphone car mount and it has really helped me to put the phone down while I am driving. It’s great because I know when it’s in the MobiValet iPhone car mount that it’s not sliding all over my car and it’s safely out of sight. I am also able to charge my phone while it is stored in the MobiValet smartphone car mount because of its innovative design. The creative minds at MobiValet had the busy person in mind when they designed this smartphone car mount. They lowered both side walls of the car mount so that the majority of smartphones can be inserted into the holder WITHOUT having to first unplug the AC power charger! This is a huge bonus for me when I’m on the go and need to charge my phone.

If you’re worried about the adhesive, don’t. Trust me; I wouldn’t attach something to my car without doing my homework first! If for some reason you need to remove the MobiValet smartphone mount from your car, it will not leave any "residue" on your console. MobiValet uses a specially designed acrylic adhesive that has a specific application for use in automobiles. There is no residue left behind upon removal of the adhesive.

It’s important for me to be a good role model for my children, especially now that I have a teen behind the wheel as well. The MobiValet has helped me show my children the importance of putting the phone down while driving, it is a great looking accessory in my car, and my phone is securely stored and being charged all at once. Why didn’t I find this sooner? Check it out for yourself! http://www.mobivalet.com/default.asp



Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment