Thursday, June 9, 2011

Everyday is Halloween

This week's (early) edition of Retro Friday features Ministry, and the song Everyday is Halloween.

Little did I know back in the 80's how much this song would someday resemble my life.

Everyday Is Halloween is a 1984 song recorded by the band Ministry, re-released in 1986. The title and lyrics refer to the goth subculture which emerged in the 80's, in particular the clothing ... "I dress this way just to keep them at bay". The song lyrics also question the intolerance and lack of acceptance for others who are different.

As many of you know, my husband and I run several Haunted Houses in the midwest during the Fall/Halloween season, and build them for clients all over the world ... all year round. Halloween is more of a way of life in my house, as opposed to a seasonal event, which many people just don't understand. It is not your run-of-the-mill career path, that is for sure, but we really enjoy it! I think it is a blessing that we've been able to turn a hobby that we enjoy into a career that we can make a living doing, but still ... amazingly enough ... many people do not see it that way. Oh well, their loss, right?

Okay ... here's a little Ministry for your listening pleasure! Hope you have a great Friday!

Everyday is Halloween!



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment