Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Early Bird Gets the Worm

Ahhh, mornings. My favorite time of the day.

Really, you ask? Okay, okay ... so I am not particularly a morning person, but as I've gotten older, I have really come to appreciate mornings. With all of the hustle and bustle that comes with being married, and being the Mother of two beautiful children, I have really come enjoy the peace and quiet that comes with early morning. I've always been the first one up in my house, but these days I make a conscious effort to get up at least a half an hour, if not more, earlier than the rest of the people in my house.

I have found that this makes such a difference for me. Just that extra 30 minutes to do a load of laundry, catch up on the news, check e-mails, or just sit quietly with my coffee makes a huge difference as to how my day goes. I find the mornings (usually weekend mornings) when I sleep in a bit, and am not the first one up ... I just feel so behind the eight ball. Like I am already behind on all of the things that I have to do during the day. And even though I hate getting up early on weekends, the day ends up going so much more smoothly if I do!

So here's to coffee ... quiet mornings ... beautiful sunrises ... and happy days!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment