Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday Mad Food Game

My friend E and I have a lot in common. We are both from California. We both love sports ... Football in particular. We both work in the Marketing field. And we both have "Mad Food Game" as she likes to call it. I have to be careful with my "Mad Food Game" though, or these days it turns into "Mad Weight Gain!"

Well ... last week was a "Mad Food Game" week, no doubt! Hubby and the kids were on a road trip to visit his Mother for a week, and it seems as though all I did last week was eat!!

Thursday night ... dinner with my two Social Media Goddess friends J and A.

Friday night ... dinner and a movie with my bestie S.

Saturday night ... dinner and drinks with my long time pal M.

Sunday ... brunch and shopping with two ladies that I've known for almost 20 years (wow.)

So basically I ate my way through the week, but damn was it fun. Lots of laughing. Lots of reminiscing. Lots of story sharing. Lots of venting. Oh, and did I mention shopping? Great times, indeed!

Now it's back to reality. Crabby/sleepy kids ... homework ... Mom taxi. I love it, don't get me wrong. But it sure was fun eating my way through last week!

I usually do a great job at snapping pics of my "Mad Food Game" but somehow I only have two pics from last week ... but here they are!

These are from Thursday night's adventure at 1111 Mississippi ...

The first dish is this Wild Mushroom and Polenta dish (YUM)


And for dessert ... a St. Louis favorite ... Gooey Butter Cake (OMG)


Okay ... back to reality ... and counting calories! lol

Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment